Improvements to Stamfordham Road/Springfield Road
The improvements include removing the roundabout and signalising the junction while also upgrading walking and cycling facilities.
Limited funding is secured from the Housing Infrastructure Fund and we also looking at further funding opportunities to deliver the improvements.
Did you know?
This junction is part of a package of proposed designs for junctions in the west of the city. We’re asking for people’s views from 28 August until 6 October. Click here for more info and to have your say.
- Key junctions in the west of the city
- Improvements to Brunton Road/Brunton Lane junctions
- Improvements to Ponteland Road/Station Road
- Improvements to Ponteland Road/Etal Lane
- Improvements to Ponteland Road/Harehills Avenue
- Improvements to Ponteland Road/Springfield Road
- Improvements to Stamfordham Road/Pooley Road