Improvements to Ponteland Road/Station Road
The improvements include installing traffic signals to regulate traffic through the T junction more safely and we also intend to upgrade walking and cycling facilities.
Traffic signals will enable us to manage the flow of traffic better as new housing developments will generate more traffic in the area.
Did you know?
Funding has been secured from the Housing Infrastructure Fund to deliver these improvements by March 2021.
This junction is part of a package of proposed designs for junctions in the west of the city. We’re asking for people’s views from 28 August until 6 October. Click here for more info and to have your say.
- Key junctions in the west of the city
- Improvements to Brunton Road/Brunton Lane junctions
- Improvements to Ponteland Road/Etal Lane
- Improvements to Ponteland Road/Harehills Avenue
- Improvements to Ponteland Road/Springfield Road
- Improvements to Stamfordham Road/Pooley Road
- Improvements to Stamfordham Road/Springfield Road