Contact us

Contact us

Contact us online

Use our online information and forms whenever possible. For example:

Please report broken or faulty streetlights to our service provider SSE Enterprise Lighting.

Contact us by phone

If you do not have online access, you can phone Newcastle City Council on 0191 278 7878.  

Our phone lines are open:

  • Monday, 8am to 6pm 
  • Tuesday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm

Please note: our Council Tax and Housing Benefit phone lines are closed on a Wednesday.

If you need to report an environmental issue you can contact us 24 hours a day - When you call ask for:

  • Your Local Services

When prompted, please ask for the name of the person, team or department you need. For example:

  • Blue Badges
  • Council Tax for enquiries about your bills or payments
  • Council Tax Support to find out about Council Tax Support or to make a claim
  • Crisis Support (opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm)
  • Housing Benefit 
  • Electoral Services to join the Electoral Register or to find out about voting
  • Parking for parking permits, or Penalty Charge Notices
  • Payments to pay council bills (the cardholder must be present)
  • Register Office for births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships and citizenship enquiries
  • Repairs to report a repair to your Council home
  • Traffic lights to report faulty or broken traffic lights

Please report broken or faulty streetlights to our service provider SSE Enterprise Lighting online or by phone on 0800 085 7307.

24 hour telephone line

You can phone us 24 hours a day on 0191 278 7878 for some services. These are:

  • Out-of-hours social work support from the duty social worker
  • Environmental health emergencies
  • An urgent repair to your council home

Contact us in writing

Newcastle City Council
Civic Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?