Pre-Submission Development and Allocations Plan
The council is consulting on the pre-submission Development and Allocations Plan (DAP) from the 5th October to the 16th November 2018.
This is part of our Local Plan, which is a set of documents that will guide future development in Newcastle to 2030.
Part 1 of the Local Plan, adopted in March 2015 is called the Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan (CSUCP) (PDF, 48.04MB, Large file). The Development and Allocations Plan (DAP) is Part 2 and provides more detailed policies to support our growth ambitions for Newcastle including:
- Policies which will be used to make decisions on planning applications
- Allocations of housing and employment sites to support Part 1
- Designations of retail centre boundaries and sites for environmental protection
We consulted on the draft version of the DAP back in 2017. A Consultation Feedback Report (PDF, 3.57mb) was prepared following the draft consultation. Since then we have made changes to the DAP in response to your comments and updated evidence.
The Pre-Submission consultation is the last opportunity to make comments before the DAP is sent to a planning inspector to be examined. This final round of consultation is different from before. It is important that your comments are presented in a way which helps shape the examination and we are therefore asking you to comment on the DAP’s ‘soundness’ and its legal compliance.
- Pre-Submission Development and Allocations Plan (PDF,3.4MB)
- Policies Map (PDF,30mb)
- Interactive Policy Map - Click here to use our interactive Policy Map.
- You can use the Key on the right hand corner to view the layers, and switch layers on or off. You can zoom in and out to get a closer look of the area you're interested in. Click-and-drag or use the arrow keys to move the move around. You can search via postcode at the bottom of the screen. The different sites are colour-coded depending on the policy type. Clicking a site on the map will display a pop-up box with more information on it, and a link to view that section of the document. Some sites have more than one layer there, you can scroll down in the pop up box to read all details.
- Evidence Base (PDF, 268Kb)
- Leaflet (PDF, 1.5mb)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 211KB)
- Policy Summaries (PDF,40Kb)
- Statement of Representations Procedure (PDF, 63kb)
- Cabinet Report (PDF, 87kb)
How to have your say
Consultation runs from 5 October to 16 November 2018. All comments should be received by the council no later than 5pm on the final day of consultation.
There are a number of ways you can get involved:
Consultation response form
Alternatively you can download a consultation response form (PDF, 125kb) and once completed:
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post it to Planning Policy, Newcastle Civic Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8QH
Attend one of the drop-in events happening at the City Library, 33 New Bridge Street West, NE1 8AX
|Saturday 6 October||10am - 12 pm|
|Tuesday 9 October||5 - 7 pm|
|Thursday 18 October||5 - 7 pm|
|Monday 22 October||12 - 2 pm|
|Tuesday 30 October||12 - 2 pm|
|Saturday 10 November||2 - 4 pm|
Call in to one of the four displays across the city to view the Plan and leave your comments at:
- City Community and Information Hub and Library (City Library), Charles Avison Building, 33 New Bridge Street West, NE1 8AX
- Outer West Community and Information Hub and Library, Denton Way, Denton Park, NE5 2QZ
- East End Community and Information Hub and Library, Hadrian Square, Byker, NE6 1AL
- Gosforth Shopping Centre, Gosforth High Street, NE3 1JZ
This is the last opportunity to make comments. Following consultation, all comments received will be sent to the planning inspector appointed to consider the DAP at a public examination. The examination will be to find out whether the DAP is ‘sound’ and legally compliant. The inspector will prepare a report following the examination.