Draft Development and Allocations Plan
The draft Development and Allocations Plan (DAP) (PDF, 7.69mb) is part two of Newcastle’s Local Plan. The Local Plan is a collection of documents that will guide the future development in Newcastle to 2030. Once adopted, the draft DAP will form part 2 of Newcastle’s Local Plan.
The Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan (CSUCP) (PDF, 48.04MB, Large file) was adopted in March 2015 and is the first part of Newcastle’s Local Plan.
The draft DAP is a positive plan to promote development, protect our assets and to support and help to deliver the strategic policies set out in the CSUCP. This will provide greater certainty on the delivery of new housing and employment sites and ensure that Newcastle is a prosperous and sustainable city where people choose to live, work and visit.
The draft DAP provides detailed policies to support the CSUCP, by including:
- Policies which will be used to make planning decisions on planning applications
- Allocations of housing and employment sites to support the CSUCP
- Designations (boundaries) of areas such as retail centres and wildlife sites
- Draft Development and Allocations Plan (PDF, 9.69MB)
- Policies Map (PDF, 29.9MB)
- Let's Talk - Comments can be made online through the council's consultation portal at: www.letstalknewcastle.co.uk
- FAQ's (PDF, 358KB)
- Draft DAP Leaflet (PDF, 678KB)
- Evidence Base (PDF,382.25KB)
- Policy Summaries (PDF, 43KB)
- Statement of Representation Procedure (PDF,179KB)
- Cabinet Report (PDF, 145KB)
- Cabinet Report Appendix 2 - Local Development Scheme (PDF, 670KB)
- Cabinet Report Appendix 3 - Consultation Plan (PDF, 120KB)
- Cabinet Report Appendix 4 - Planning Guidance (PDF, 46KB)
- Interactive Policy Map - Click here to use our interactive Policy Map for the draft DAP. You can use the Key on the right hand corner to view the layers, click on the heading to view the different policy layers. You can zoom in and out to get a closer look of the area you're interested in.
- Interactive Map Guide (PDF, 592.6KB)
Have your Say
The consultation on the draft DAP will last for six weeks from 9 October to 20 November 2017. All comments should be received by the council no later than 5pm on the final day of consultation.
Drop in events
The council will be hosting a number of drop in events across the city, where officers will be available to discuss the draft DAP and answer any questions that you may have. The schedule for these events are as follows:
|Tuesday 17 Oct||City Community and Information Hub and Library (City Library), Charles Avison Building, 33 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle upon Tyne
|Thursday 19 Oct||Outer West Community and Information Hub and Library, Outer West Library, Denton Way,
Denton Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2QZ
|Friday 20 Oct||Kingston Park Community Centre, 102 Brunton Lane, NE3 2SW||2pm-4pm|
|Wednesday 25 Oct||Trinity Church, High Street, Gosforth, NE3 4AG||3:30pm-5:30pm|
|Tuesday 31 Oct||Scotswood Neighbourhood Centre, 221 Woodstock Road, NE15 6HE||12pm-2pm|
|Wed 1 Nov||City Community and Information Hub and Library (City Library), Charles Avison Building, 33 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle upon Tyne
|Monday 6 Nov||Throckley Community Hall, Back Victoria Terrace, NE15 9EL||5pm-7pm|
|Thursday 9 Nov||Jesmond Community Library, 76A St George’s Terrace, NE2 2DL||5pm-7pm|
|Friday 10 Nov||East End Community and Information Hub and Library, Hadrian Square, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1AL||10:30am-12:30pm|
|Tuesday 14 Nov||Pottery Bank Children’s Centre, Yelverton Crescent, NE6 3SW||2pm-4pm|
|Saturday 18 Nov||City Community and Information Hub and Library (City Library), Charles Avison Building, 33 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle upon Tyne
We will also have displays in community hubs across Newcastle, where printed copies of the draft DAP and the consultation response form will be available.
• City Community and Information Hub and Library (City Library)
Charles Avison Building
33 New Bridge Street West
Newcastle upon Tyne
• Outer West Community and Information Hub and Library
Outer West Library
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2QZ
• East End Community and Information Hub and Library
Newcastle upon Tyne
Let's Talk - Consultation Response Form
Comments can be made online through the council's consultation portal at: www.letstalknewcastle.co.uk
Alternatively, the Consultation Response Form (PDF, 629kb) can be downloaded and printed, and once completed, can be posted to: Newcastle City Council, Planning Policy, 9th Floor, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8QH.
Following consultation, the responses received will be considered by the council and will help to inform the next stage in the preparation of the draft DAP.
Comments received on the draft DAP
All of the responses we have received can be viewed using the links below. the council will update his weekly throughout the consultation period. Please note, that some responses may be summarised where necessary. In line with regulations, names and addresses will be published.
Your comment, name and address will be made publically available, but we will not publish personal information.