Draft Development and Allocations Plan
Consultation on the draft DAP ended on the 20th November 2017. The responses received are currently being considered and will help to inform the next stage in the preparation of the DAP.
The draft Development and Allocations Plan (DAP) (PDF, 7.69mb) is part two of Newcastle’s Local Plan. The Local Plan is a collection of documents that will guide the future development in Newcastle to 2030. Once adopted, the draft DAP will form part 2 of Newcastle’s Local Plan.
The Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan (CSUCP) (PDF, 48.04MB, Large file) was adopted in March 2015 and is the first part of Newcastle’s Local Plan.
The draft DAP is a positive plan to promote development, protect our assets and to support and help to deliver the strategic policies set out in the CSUCP. This will provide greater certainty on the delivery of new housing and employment sites and ensure that Newcastle is a prosperous and sustainable city where people choose to live, work and visit.
The draft DAP provides detailed policies to support the CSUCP, by including:
- Policies which will be used to make planning decisions on planning applications
- Allocations of housing and employment sites to support the CSUCP
- Designations (boundaries) of areas such as retail centres and wildlife sites
Draft Consultation Documents
- Draft Development and Allocations Plan (PDF, 9.69MB)
- Policies Map (PDF, 29.9MB)
- FAQ's (PDF, 358KB)
- Draft DAP Leaflet (PDF, 678KB)
- Evidence Base (PDF, 525KB)
- Policy Summaries (PDF, 43KB)
- Statement of Representation Procedure (PDF,179KB)
- Cabinet Report (PDF, 145KB)
- Cabinet Report Appendix 2 - Local Development Scheme (PDF, 670KB)
- Cabinet Report Appendix 3 - Consultation Plan (PDF, 120KB)
- Cabinet Report Appendix 4 - Planning Guidance (PDF, 46KB)
- Interactive Policy Map - Click here to use our interactive Policy Map for the draft DAP. You can use the Key on the right hand corner to view the layers, click on the heading to view the different policy layers. You can zoom in and out to get a closer look of the area you're interested in.
- Interactive Map Guide (PDF, 592.6KB)
Comments received on the draft DAP
All of the responses we have received can be viewed using the links below. The council will update this weekly throughout the consultation period. Please note, that some responses may be summarised where necessary. In line with regulations, names and postcodes will be published.
Your comment, name and postcode will be made publicaly available, but we will not publish personal information.