Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA)
The Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) is a technical study that determines the suitability, availability and achievability of land for development.
You can view the sites across Newcastle through our interactive online map.
- On the interactive map, you can zoom in and out to get a closer look of the area you're interested in. Click-and-drag or use the arrow keys to move the move around. Click a site on the map to display a pop-up box with more information on it. The sites are colour coded for Housing, Employment, Mixed Use, and Discounted. There is an option in the top right corner of the map to switch the aerial photography on and off.
The PDF files on this page may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
- Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) Report 2018
- Appendix 1 - Schedule of suitable housing sites and mixed use sites
- Appendix 2 - Schedule of suitable standard economic (offices, industrial and warehousing sites)
- Appendix 3 - Schedule of student accommodation
- Appendix 4 - Schedule of discounted sites
- Appendix 5 - Site proformas and maps, housing and employment
- Appendix 6 - Schedule of five year land supply
- Appendix 7 - Housing trajectory
- Appendix 8 - Sub area maps, discounted sites, suitable sites, phasing
- Appendix 9 - Responses to draft HELAA and DAP (2016 and 2017)
Did you know?
If you would like to be informed of future planning policy consultations and have your say, please register your details here.