Civic Centre Customer Service Centre moving to City Library
By April the Customer Service Centre, which is currently at the Civic Centre will have moved to the City Library - Charles Avison Building, 33 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AX. We will provide the exact date when this is confirmed.
The new service will be provided in a customer friendly, purpose built space on the first floor of the library. It will offer easy to use, self-service options, with more support given to customers who need it. This will result in a reduction in waiting times and customers being dealt with more quickly.
When this new Customer Service Centre opens at the library there will no longer be any provision for this at the Civic Centre.
If you have any questions about this, please speak to a member of staff at the Civic Centre Customer Service Centre or at the City Library.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Monday: 9am - 4.30pm
Tuesday: 9am - 4.30pm
Wednesday: 9am - 4.30pm
Thursday: 9am - 4.30pm
Friday: 9am - 4.30pm
Customers with Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit enquiries should arrive and take a ticket to be seen at least 30 minutes prior to the advertised closing time.
At the centre you can get access to over 90 different council services, as you can at all of our CSCs. As well as this the following facilities and services are available:
- Assistance with planning enquiries
- PCs with free internet access for public use
- Freephone to other council services
- Private interview rooms
- Children's play equipment
- Local travel & transport information
- Public toilets and baby-changing facilities
We do not offer a phone number for customer service centres as staff cannot break off from dealing with a customer in person to answer the phone. If you wish to speak to someone over the phone about a council service, please phone 0191 278 7878 and ask for the person, team or department you need.
Newcastle Civic Centre is very easy to reach on foot. There are bus stops directly outside and the Haymarket bus and Metro stations are two minutes’ walk away. Use Google Maps for direction.
Travelling Northbound from the A1
- Keep Left onto ramp towards A184 / Gateshead / Newcastle (Centre) Road name changes to A184
- Road name changes to A189
- Keep Right to stay on A189 (St James Boulevard)
- At roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto B1311 (Gallowgate)
- Bear Left (North) onto B1307 (Percy Street)
- Bear Right (East) onto B1307 (Haymarket)
- Merge onto B1307 (St Marys Place)
- Keep Straight onto B1307 (Sandyford Road)
- Civic Centre CSC is on the Left (opposite Northumbria University)
Travelling Southbound from the A1
- Keep Left onto Ramp towards A696 / A167 / Jedburgh / Airport / City (Centre)
- Keep in Left lane to stay on Ramp and continue on A167 (avoiding the roundabout over the A1)
- Remain on A167 and cross straight over 3 roundabouts
- At fourth roundabout, road name changes to A167(M), take the 1st exit, keeping to A167(M)
- Enter underpass and keep Left onto Ramp towards A1058 (Coast Road) Road name changes to A1058
- Merge with traffic in Right lane
- Turn Right (South) onto B1309 (Osborne Terrace)
- At roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto B1307 (Sandyford Road)
- Go under road bridge and cross straight over roundabout Civic Centre CSC is on the Right (opposite Northumbria University)