A Guide To Planning Applications
1. Is Planning Permission Needed? Find out if you need planning permission, depending on the type and scale of the works you want to do.
2. How to Apply For Planning Permission Help on selecting the right application form, calculating the fee, and what to send us.
3. Applications forms, Validation Checklists and Guidance Notes You can fill in your application on screen, or download forms from here. There are also guidance notes to help you to make your planning application.
4. Guidance on Household Development Advice for householders who want to apply.
5. A guide to Publicity and The Planning Process What happens after submitting the planning application, and how the public can become involved with decisions.
7. Pre Application Enquiries Information on our pre-application service with impartial and professional advice.
8. How Planning Applications Are Decided Which applications are decided by Planning Officer and which by Planning Committee?
9. Developer Guidance for Transport To aid Developers in terms of Highway works, Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, and Parking
10. Appealing your Planning Decision How to Appeal against the decision on your application.
Did you know?
We have a range of online interactive maps. You can use these to explore the city and see areas and buildings you're interested in, see what kind of policies and restrictions are in place there, and click on them for more information. Our list of available maps is here.
- Search for, view, and comment on planning applications
- Planning Committee
- Article 4 Directions, Regulation 7 Directions and Local Development Orders
- Houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)
- Planning Obligations, Community Infrastructure Levy and Viability
- Trees, wildlife and green environment
- The Newcastle Character Assessment
- Developer Guidance
- Building Control Services
- Self Build
- Developers and bins for new builds
- Report a breach of Planning Control
Need more information?
There is further help and guidance available on the internet, including:
You can keep up to date with the latest national Planning news with regular bulletins on the Planning Portal.
Our Privacy Notice sets out how we use information as a Council.