Doing research with people who use and work in adult care and support services
We want to support research with people who use and work in our care and support services. This research gives us useful feedback on how we can improve and to provide good quality services.
How to arrange research with people who use and work in care and support services in Newcastle
You need to have your research plan approved by the Council before you can carry out independent research with people who use our adult care and support services. This group may also include carers and members of council staff. The process for this is called our 'Research Governance Framework'.
The Research Governance Framework
This framework is the process for checking that research involving people who use our care and support services in Newcastle (including carers and staff) respects the rights of people involved. The Research Governance Framework ensures that:
- people using our services, carers and staff are protected
- standards are maintained by researchers
- we can ensure public confidence
- we can record and monitor studies that are being undertaken
- we can be involved in decisions about how the research is carried out