Contact Adult Social Care

Contact Adult Social Care

Adult Social Care at Newcastle City Council give information and support adults in Newcastle who find day to day activities difficult. This could include community activities, cooking, washing, or caring for someone. 

They can talk to you to find out how are you managing at home. They can have a conversation with you to understand your situation. To find out what’s working well and where they can help. They can put you in touch with local services. If you need one, they can arrange a Needs Assessment, to find out if the council can help you further. 

You can contact them for a chat and to find out more about local support. They can help you to:

  • find out more about care and support
  • get information in another language or format
  • talk about any worries that you have about an adult in Newcastle
  • report abuse or neglect of an adult

You can contact them by 


Phone: 0191 278 8377 

Mobile: 0796 847 4891 for people who are deaf or hard of hearing

Fill in our online form to ask Adult Social Care and, or Newcastle Carers to contact you. 

Open: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm

In an emergency, Monday to Friday 5pm to 8.30am and 24 hours at weekends you can call the switchboard. Ask for the Adult Social Care Emergency Duty Team. Phone: 0191 278 7878

If someone's life is in danger always call 999 

Address: Community Health and Social Care Direct, 2nd Floor, Westgate Community Complex, West Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 9LU



Equipment ChatBOT

Our Equipment ChatBOT is an online virtual assistant. It can help you with non urgent questions about equipment to help you to live independently. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It can signpost you to information and local services where you can access support. This includes help to find the right equipment for you, help to stay at home, meals on wheels and gardening.


Ask the Equipment ChatBOT


When you click the ChatBOT button a chat window opens. This can take a minute to load. The BOT will introduce itself and ask you a couple of questions. You can then type in a word or question. It will give you some answers to choose from.  If it can't help you, it will direct you to another service.

If you need help urgently please contact Adult Social Care at Newcastle City Council.

We keep a record conversations to improve the service. We don't ask for any personal information.  Email if you want to have your conversation deleted.

More information on terms and conditions for using the ChatBOT.


Support to get your voice heard

Advocacy is free, independent support to help you get your voice heard. Advocacy organisations can pair you up with an independent advocate who is on your side if you need support. They can:

  • help you to find information
  • talk things through with you to find out what you want
  • support you to get your views across at appointments and meetings
  • help you to understand your rights

An Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA) can support someone who is subject to the Mental Health Act, (also known as detained or ‘sectioned’ under the Act).

Advocacy support may also be given to people on supervised community treatment or on guardianship orders, or if their treatment is subject to certain special rules.

Your Voice Counts runs the Independent Mental Health Advocacy Service in Newcastle

Contact Your Voice Counts for more information. 

Open: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?