Newcastle Libraries' Values, Mission & Vision
We provide free guidance and access to information, culture, heritage and learning for all.
We are Proud to provide welcoming supportive spaces, with knowledgeable and caring staff
We are Fair, treating everyone as individuals, we are inclusive and provide equal access to all
We are Ambitious in trying to help people to improve their life opportunities and to share in all that our libraries offer
We promote reading for pleasure, learning and creativity through empowering people to access information, knowledge and culture, enabling them to participate fully in society.
• easy and free access for everyone with no judgement or pre-qualification
• safe spaces in which to learn new skills, access information and read
• welcoming and knowledgeable staff who will help you find the answer
• the skills to help you find accurate and reliable sources of information
• up-to-date business, health and employability information
• unique heritage resources
We will support our communities by providing safe, accessible libraries at the heart of the communities they serve. We will help and enable all people to make informed choices and share the benefits that the City, its heritage and culture have to offer.
We support the Council’s values of Proud, Fair and Ambitious and deliver their priorities of Employment, Education and Skills, Environment, Health and Social Care and Housing.
Did you know?
Newcastle Libraries offer a wide range of services for everyone across our 14 library locations. For free, you can:
Join the library
Find, borrow and renew books, eBooks, audiobooks, eMagazines
Access more than 100 council services
Get support to go online
Use our online resources and information service