Coronavirus: Household Waste and Recycling Centres
Newcastle City Council’s ‘tips’ reopened on Monday 11 May, with enhanced measures and social distancing in place to try and prevent the spread of COVID19.
Why we are reopening HWRCs
In line with Government advice our Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs) were closed on March 24 2020, as social distancing could not be ensured at that time.
After extensive consultation with other authorities and following advice from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) we were able to put into place procedures that allowed us to re-open our three sites.
We felt that in doing this we are balancing the requirement to minimise non-essential travel with the need to enable residents to responsibly dispose of waste that could affect public health, and help to prevent fly tipping.
Any resident showing symptoms should not attempt to access a HWRC and follow Government guidelines on self isolation.
If you have rubbish from a household where someone is suspected of having had COVID19, please double bag potentially affected items, such as cloths, tissues and masks, and leave for 72 hours before disposal in your green general waste bin or at a HWRC.
Rules for visiting HWRCs
You must be a resident of Newcastle upon Tyne to use Byker, Walbottle or Brunswick sites.
You must comply with the new site rules, and know that if you do not, then your ability to use the site may be revoked. We will not tolerate any abuse towards our staff.
Visiting a HWRC
- Sort your waste before you travel – Ensure your waste is correctly sorted before visiting to help minimise your time spent on site.
- One person per vehicle – The only exception will be for blue badge holders, but even then only their passenger will be allowed to get out of the car.
- ID required – Please bring a driver’s licence or passport, and a recent council tax or utility bill showing your name and address and be prepared to show them to staff. If you do not live in Newcastle then you will be turned away.
- Cars only - the permit scheme for larger vehicles, including cars with trailers, is suspended. Larger vehicles will not be allowed until further notice. We will notify you when permits are back in operation.
- Maximum queue length – The queue to enter HWRCs will be capped at one hour. If you arrive and the queue is already this long you may be asked to leave and return at another time.
- Stay in your car – Visitors should not leave their vehicles while waiting to enter a HWRC.
- Pedestrians - As usual there will be no pedestrian access.
On site rules
- Reduced capacity – Only five vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time at Walbottle and Brunswick, with four on site at Byker. There will be a managed process of entry and exit.
- Regular temporary closures - Sites will be closed for 10 minutes each hour to enable cleaning. At other times it may be necessary to close for a short period to allow for skips to be emptied, moved or compacted.
- Parking – All visitors must park in the bays provided.
- Time limit - Residents will be allowed 10 minutes to enter, dispose of their waste and exit the HWRC. All visitors must leave when requested by staff.
- Social distancing - Visitors must follow the walking routes indicated and, if a skip is in use, wait in one of the marked areas.
- Heavy items – Staff will not be able to assist residents with heavy items or any unloading due to social distancing requirements.
- Last entry - Last entry to HWRCs will be at 7.40pm, with no exceptions.
Bulky waste collection fees reduced
To help residents to dispose of excess waste, we have temporarily reduced the cost of our bulky collection services by 25 percent. Consider whether a bulky waste collection may be better for you - It will certainly save you waiting in long queues.
Bulky waste collections can be booked online at www.newcastle.gov.uk/bulkywaste, with the discount applied when you checkout.
Did you know?
In order to help reduce pressure on the sites we are offering a temporary 25% discount on bulky collections booked from the 11 May.
The discount will be applied when you check out and confirm your booking. You can book and pay here.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about this please call 0191 2787878 and ask for "Envirocall."
Please note that lines will be busy.