Ordinary watercourse application and guidance

Newcastle City Council as the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) is responsible, under section 23 of the Land Drainage Act 1991, for consent and enforcement of any works to ordinary watercourses.

If you are planning any works on or near a burn, stream or other watercourse, you may need to apply for consent before starting work. Before completing the application form we recommend that you contact us for advice on your proposal. You should contact us on 0191 2116848, or email at flood.management@newcastle.gov.uk to find out if this is the case.

Also, check if you need permission and Flood risk activities: environmental permits from the Environment Agency.

Guidance Notes (188.44kb)
Application form (151.48kb)

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?