There are currently two areas in Newcastle which are designated selective licencing areas.
This area has been a designated selective licensing area since April 2011. Following a formal assessment and consultation process, the Council have introduced a further scheme to the area which will run from 1 October 2016 until no later than 30 September 2021.
See links below to the area subject to licensing (Byker boundary map and street list), the Byker Selective Licensing Scheme evaluation report, the cabinet report and the legal notice about the designation.
- Byker boundary map (pdf, 1953kb)
- Street List (pdf, 11kb)
- Byker Licensing Scheme evaluation report (pdf, 1629kb)
- Byker Consultation Report (Updated Sept 2016) (pdf,711kb)
- Cabinet report on Byker Selective Licensing - June 2016 (pdf, 116kb)
- Designation Notice (pdf, 1412kb)
This area has been designated since 2010. The current scheme came into effect on 12 October 2015 and will run to no later than 11 October 2020. See links below to the evaluation report, cabinet report and the legal notice about the designation.