Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
Doing business with the Council
How we do business
Our Commissioning and Procurement Plan sets out exactly how we commission and when and how we will publish a contract opportunity that you can bid for. Below you will find links to live contract opportunities, our commissioning intentions, our contract list, and information on how you can find support to bid for contracts.
Find live contract opportunities
Open opportunities over £25,000
We publish all of our competitive contract opportunities over £25,000 on the NEPO portal along with the other North East local authorities.
If you would like to work with the Council you can register on the NEPO portal. You will then be able to receive automatic alerts each time a new contract opportunity is published in the area you are interested in.
Consultancy and training opportunities of any value
If you offer a consultancy or training service our live opportunities are published on the Bloom website. You will need to register with Bloom to bid for these opportunities.
Every six months we publish our commissioning intentions. This is the list of the most significant commissioning and procurement exercises that we intend to carry out, including when we anticipate beginning a commissioning conversation with the market to help you get involved from the very early stages of commissioning design.
Our commissioning intentions are taken from our wider contract list where you can see details of all existing contracts which we expect to come to an end for the next three years. As requirements can change over time the information in the contract list is only ever an indication but gives a good sense of what is likely to be happening and when.
You can view our awarded contracts on the NEPO portal.
Support to bid
There is a range of support that you can access through the Council's business support partners to help improve your chances of bidding successfully:
- Our Business and Intellectual Property Centre (BIPC) offers free support on intellectual property, and provides training events on things like content marketing, and developing innovative practice
- The NEPO Business Club offers free training and networking events for local organisations on areas including bid writing, understanding procurement, and developing social value in your business
You can find out more about the support offered and book onto training using their websites at the links above.
Did you know?
- 67% of the Council's spend on contracts was with Small and Medium Enterprises (SME's), almost £273million;
- 65% of the Council's spend on contracts was with local businesses in the North East, almost £266million;
- £45million of the Council's spend on contracts and grants was with Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations.