Newcastle City Council has a contract with five home care providers to deliver generalist home care in the city.
Generalist home care services are those that provide flexible care and support to enable people to lead independent, fulfilling lives for as long as possible.
- Assisting people to get up or go to bed.
- Dressing and undressing.
- Assisting with transfers from or to bed/chair.
- Essential household tasks to maintain dignity and cleanliness in the home.
- Food or drink preparation.
- Assisting with shopping and handling money, including accompanying people to the shops.
All five home care providers are looking to recruit care workers to deliver support in people’s homes.
For more information on the job opportunities that are available, please see the links below:
On November 13, the Council is hosting an adult social care Jobs Fair in the Banqueting Hall of the Civic Centre. The fair will be running between 10am and 3pm and will provide an opportunity to find out more about job opportunities and training in adult social care. Pop in any time throughout the day.