Each week we publish local Covid-19 data.
- an estimate of the percentage of people in Newcastle who had the virus
- how many people were admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- how many people have died from Covid-19
- how many people in the city, in total, have been vaccinated
This data is available either as text on this page or via the links provided, and as an image.
The data was last updated on 24 May 2022.
The number of people estimated to have Covid-19 is based on data from the Office for National Statistics.
The latest figures show that for the seven days to 13 May 2022 the estimated percentage of people testing positive for Covid-19 was:
- 1.89 percent in Newcastle
- 1.90 percent in England
In the seven days to 23 April 2022 the estimated percentage of people testing positive for Covid-19 was:
- 4.45 percent in Newcastle
- 4.42 percent in England
The Government produces a simple summary of the latest Covid-19 data for Newcastle, including information on:
- people needing hospital treatment
The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines are safe and effective. They give you the best protection against COVID-19.
Vaccinations are available for all people aged 12 and over. If you have not already received your jabs, please find out how to get your Covid-19 vaccination in Newcastle.
The Government website has the latest vaccination data for Newcastle including:
- how many people have had their first, second and booster doses
- when they have had their jabs
- the age of people who are vaccinated
- how the city compares to other local authority areas
Data on the number and type of Covid-19 tests being taken is available on the Government website.
The Government website has the latest data on Covid-19 cases including:
- the number of new cases each day
- if it is someone’s first infection or a reinfection
- the age of people infected
- how the number of people over and under 60 infected compares
Patients in hospital
Data on patients in hospital with Covid-19, under the care of Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, is available on the Government website.
This includes the number of people who:
- have been newly admitted to hospital
- are in hospital receiving treatment for Covid-19
- are on a ventilator
Please note that this data is not updated daily.
Regional information, for Yorkshire and the North East, including the current reproduction (R) rate is also available.
Data on Covid-19 related deaths is available on the Government website including:
- deaths within a certain period of a positive test
- deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate
Ward level data
Find Covid-19 data for your council ward area using the Government coronavirus data website's postcode checker.