Vehicle Transfer Request

Vehicle Transfer Request

You should notify the Licensing Authority if you wish to transfer your Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Vehicle licence to another person.

The following documents must accompany the application:

  • A copy of the log book V5C [vehicle registration document].  The V5 must include the vehicle registration mark and vehicle detail to correspond with that licensed by the City Council and be in the name of the new owner and detail their current address;
  • A current insurance certificate or valid cover note relating to the vehicle and its intended use as a Public/Private hire vehicle.  Insurance must be in the name of the new owner(s). If the new owner(s) is not a licensed driver, the insurance certificate must state a named appropriately licensed driver.  A new licence will be issued in the name(s) of the new proprietors.

Application to request Vehicle Licence transfer


The completed transfer application along with the required documents should be submitted to the Licensing Office.



Licensing Office
Unit 2, Wincomblee Road
Newcastle upon Tyne


Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?