Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH
Trust HR Lead Specialist
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£46,561 - £49,575 per annum
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Gosforth Federated Academies
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required as soon as possible.
Come to work in a thriving community - Gosforth Academies Multi Academy Trust comprises four schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing outstanding education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13 and is an expanding multi academy trust. Our academies are dynamic, diverse co-educational and comprehensive schools characterised by clear energy and purpose where all students are valued, regardless of their background or ability.
Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy were rated ‘outstanding’ in their most recent Ofsted inspections.
We currently have over 2200 students with around 600 in our Sixth Form and are in the pre-opening stage for a school in Newcastle Great Park.
This is an exciting opportunity for a successful and experienced HR specialist to support our strategic leadership by developing HR policy, practice and provision across our growing multi academy trust.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a professionally qualified, experienced and highly motivated practitioner
• Has the ability to manage a varied and complex workload
• Can demonstrate a track record of delivering effective HR operational practice
• Has excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Can demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of employment law, legislation and statutory guidance relating to schools and multi academy trusts and translate this into policy and practice
• Has experience of working with the Education sector
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• A supportive, team orientated environment
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, diverse, vibrant community
• An enhanced annual leave allowance, giving you greater flexibility and frequency in holiday time
• Low-cost membership to an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date is 12:00 on Monday 8 June 2020
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
8 June 2020