North Gosforth Academy, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6EJ
Technician Level 2 (Food Technology)
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Part time - term time plus specified days
£21,575 - £22,777, Actual Salary £9,335 - £9,855
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
North Gosforth Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Part Time (18.5 hours per week) Term Time only plus 3 training days
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (North Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Technician to provide support for the delivery of Food Technology to facilitate outstanding teaching and learning. There may also be wider support in the Technology department when required.
• Daily preparation of ingredients, equipment and teaching materials for lessons.
• Assisting the Food Technology teacher in the classroom with practical lessons.
• General tidying and clearing away before and after all lessons. This includes keeping sinks, cookers and worktops clean.
• Sorting through food orders and online purchasing of ingredients for practical lessons when necessary.
• Responsible for the laundry for the food preparation room.
• Checking and routine maintenance of kitchen equipment and ensuring that equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
• Ensuring the health and safety procedures are understood and followed.
• Carry out administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying, displays, ordering.
• Cleaning and general maintenance of storeroom, fridges and cookers.
• Stock taking, checking for repairs and ordering replacement equipment.
• Assist cover staff with the theory or practical lesson to help ensure the cover work is completed during the lesson.
Our technicians play a pivotal role in the day to day running of our departments and it is essential that the successful candidate is confident in providing support in a multi-disciplinary capacity. This is an interesting and varied position and will require an individual who is practical, able to deal with competing demands and who has good organisational and inter-personal skills. The role would be well suited to someone who is pro-active, self-driven and able to organise their own workload.
The successful applicants will be experienced and knowledgeable individuals who will bring enthusiasm to this varied role. They will have a passion to work within the education sector and will join a busy team, providing essential support to help ensure the smooth running of the school. A background of working in schools would be an advantage.
What we need:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational and planning skills with outstanding attention to detail
• An effective team player
• A high level of initiative
• Experience of working in this type of role
• Someone who can confidently deal with students
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of an on-site gym
• A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively visit our website https://www.northgosforthacademy.org.uk/ for further details and an application form.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at email@example.com.
Closing date is 9am on Monday 5th December 2022
5 December 2022
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.