Teacher of English
Gosforth Junior High Academy, Regent Avenue, Gosforth Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1EE
Teacher of English
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£28,000 - £38,810 per annum depending on relevant teaching experience
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Gosforth Junior High Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required as soon as possible
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Required as soon as possible, Gosforth Junior High Academy are seeking a highly motivated and inspirational English teacher. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven teacher with experience of teaching English at KS3. As an English teacher, you will take on a key role within our school community and must therefore model high levels of professionalism, whilst being able to develop strong working relationships with staff and students.
The post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment.
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for English and a clear understanding of the KS3 curriculum
• A proven track record of excellent achievement at KS3
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for pupils of all abilities
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of a gym
• A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance. If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Completed application forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 9am Monday 30th January 2023
30 January 2023
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.