Stocksfield Avenue Primary School, St Cuthbert’s Road, Fenham, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2DQ
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£25,714- £29,664 per annum
Stocksfield Avenue Primary School is part of SMART Multi Academy Trust, you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Stocksfield Avenue Primary School
St Cuthbert’s Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required as soon as possible
Fixed term position until 31st August 2023
ECTs welcome to apply
(This role is linked with available funding from School Led Tutoring allocation for 22/23)
The Board of Trustees of SMART Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a new teacher for Stocksfield Avenue Primary School. At Stocksfield Avenue Primary School we believe that learning should be a rewarding, enjoyable and inspiring experience for everyone. To achieve this we constantly strive to deliver teaching that is based on a broad balanced curriculum where children are valued, successes celebrated and all are empowered to take responsibility and are determined to be the very best they can be.
Stocksfield Avenue Primary School is a popular and oversubscribed two-form entry school in the west end of Newcastle. The school benefits from excellent facilities such as music provision and extensive school grounds. The school was rated as ‘good’ in the latest Ofsted inspection, 2019. This is an exciting and varied role in a very successful and happy school in the heart of a vibrant and diverse community.
This role has been created as part of our catch-up premium plan and will involve covering various classes throughout and delivering targeted school led tutoring and interventions.
Each successful applicant will be a teacher who:
• Can plan and provide inspirational and relevant learning experiences
• Demonstrates outstanding classroom practice
• Has high expectations of themselves and their children
• Is highly motivated and skilled at monitoring and target setting to enhance and accelerate children’s learning
• Makes learning real, in order to unlock student engagement, stimulate curiosity, provide deeper thinking and a passion for learning
• Is committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships across the whole school community
• Has excellent communication and organisational skills
• Has experience of teaching in EYFS and/or KS1 (including teaching placements)
What we can offer
• Commitment to CPD and teacher development
• Commitment to pupil and staff wellbeing
• A diverse school community with fantastic pupils
• Extensive school grounds and spacious classrooms
• Happy, friendly and welcoming staff
We welcome applications from Early Career Teachers (ECTs) and support and training will be provided.
Please download an application pack from www.northeastjobs.org.uk under Newcastle City Council
If required a hard copy application pack can be obtained from the school office or by emailing:
Completed Application Form and Safe Recruitment Form should be emailed to: Kelly.Oliver@smartacademies.net or hand delivered to: Mrs Kelly Oliver, School Business Manager, Stocksfield Avenue Primary School, St Cuthbert’s Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 2DQ marked Private and Confidential.
Closing date and shortlisting: Wednesday 12th October 2022 12pm
Interviews and lesson observations: w/b Monday 17th October 2022
Visits are encouraged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a visit.
SMART Multi Academy Trust is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and satisfy a range of pre-employment checks.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise. Please also note that if you do not hear from us within a few days of the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful.
12 October 2022