North Gosforth Academy, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6EJ
Support Assistant Level 4 - Cover Supervisor
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Full time - term time plus specified days
£24,948 - £26,845, Actual Salary: £21,590-£23,231 pa actual gross annual salary
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Gosforth Federated Academies
North Gosforth Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Start date: ASAP
37 hours per week 8am - 3pm, Term Time only plus 3 days
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
North Gosforth Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding Cover Supervisor to join our team. You will be required to supervise classes during the absence of the class teacher and will be expected to work with and supervise small groups of students under the guidance of senior staff. This will include supporting the work of the Pastoral Team, implementing work programmes, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities in line with the school’s and Multi Academy Trust’s policies and procedures.
This position requires high levels of energy and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent assertiveness and interpersonal skills and will work closely with colleagues to provide a consistent approach. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are able to work under their own initiative, be flexible and respond positively to challenging situations. We would welcome applications from anyone who thinks they have the skillset to undertake this exciting and varied role.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a passion for working with young people and supporting colleagues.
• Is able to work independently supervising pupils completing work set by absent staff.
• Is ICT literate and competent in using a variety of software packages
• Has the highest expectation for the attainment of all young people.
• Can build strong professional relationships with staff, students and parents.
• Is proactive in offering support and help to colleagues.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of an on-site gym
• A programme of staff well-being activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at email@example.com.
Closing date is 9am on Friday 25th November.
25 November 2022