Benton Park Primary School, Corchester Walk, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7SS
Support Assistant Level 2
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Part time - term time
£20,812 - £21,189 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £13,508 - £13,753 (28 hours) £14,473 - £14,735 (30 hours) per annum.
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Benton Park Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
*This post attracts a Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £10.90 an hour.*
Required January 2023
28-30 hours per week by negotiation
(Initially fixed term contract for one academic year, potential to be made permanent)
Judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in 2015, we continue to work hard together as a staff team to improve results and ensure our pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their lives.
We are looking to recruit a Support Assistant who:
• holds a support assistant qualification at Level 2 or equivalent
• can work effectively with others as part of a team.
• can take direction from experienced colleagues, while at the same time take initiative and work independently
• has recent experience in Early Years and Key Stage 1 with SEND pupils
In return we can offer you:
• the chance to work in an inclusive school with happy, well-behaved children who enjoy learning
• opportunities for ongoing professional learning and development
• mentorship and coaching, under the direction of our highly experienced SEND & Pastoral teams
• the support of our dedicated staff team and governors
• established positive relationships with parents and the local community
Interested in applying?
A completed application form and safe recruitment form must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 3pm on Friday 2nd December 2022
Shortlisting: Monday 5th December 2022 based on the criteria in Part A of the person specification
Selection process: Friday 9th December 2022 based on the criteria in Part B of the person specification
Proposed start date: Monday 9th January 2023
2 December 2022