Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Regulatory Support Officer
£21,575 - £22,777
We are seeking enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals to work within our Public Protection & Neighbourhoods team. Full and Part Time hours will be considered.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we deliver the Additional and Selective licensing schemes which have been introduced over the last 2 years. You will be dedicated to one area of the city, working closely with the Environmental Health Officer and Senior Technician for the area.
The team deal with a wide range of housing related issues including housing standards, noise and anti-social behaviour, public health nuisances and property licensing. We are constantly working to support residents of the city, ensuring everyone has a safe and well-maintained home.
What you will be doing:
• Assisting the team in their duties under with the Housing Act 2004
• The processing of applications for Property Licences
• Helping to ensure landlords and managing agents comply with the requirements of the licensing scheme
• Supporting landlords who make applications for a licence
• The investigation of noise complaints.
What is in it for you?
• A competitive basic Salary
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible hours through the Council Flexi Scheme
• The opportunity to buy extra leave
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice home electronics scheme.
• Opportunities for additional hours and overtime
• Preferential access to job opportunities internally prior to them being advertised externally
• Full support package including access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Full training
• Countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career. Our purpose is to support you and help you to achieve your best
What we are looking for
• An ability to work alone or as part of a team
• An ability to dealing effectively with members of the public including tenants, landlords and managing agents
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer skills
• An ability to organise and manage your workload to meet team objectives.
You will be agile working from home and Newcastle Civic Centre. You will be provided with a laptop and other essential equipment. There will be opportunities to colleagues on a regular basis.
For an informal discussion please contact Gwen Smith, Team Manager, Public Protection and Neighbourhoods, 0191 2771456, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
14 December 2022