Newcastle Upon Tyne
Moving and Handling Specialist
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£41, 496 - £44,539 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, hardworking and flexible individual to join our Care Services Team as a Moving and Handling Specialist. The post holder will provide training on moving and handling, including providing advice and guidance on risk management and practical techniques to relevant staff across Adult Social Care and Integrated Services Directorate. The post holder will give guidance on service user moving and handling issues and review the requirements of service users with complex needs.
This is a great time to join our team as we continue to integrate with the health sector and to further enhance how we deliver support to adults within Newcastle.
We are looking for applicants with a flexible approach who are committed to making a real difference to people’s lives. The postholder must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting independence, health, wellbeing, and choice to those who use our services.
• Moving and Handling Specialist, 37 hours per week - working across Adult Social Care and Integrated Services Directorate.
• Annual salary £41496.00 to £44539.00 (includes pay award).
In addition, you will receive:
• Regular supervision, and comprehensive training.
• Generous annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
• Access to Health Assured, Mindfulness sessions and other wellbeing initiatives.
• Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
• Access to a number of schemes including NHS vehicle leasing, Bike to Work scheme, home electronics and Annual Travel Tickets.
Any additional information can be obtained by contacting Louise Hewitt via email email@example.com or Telephone 0191 277 2577.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
6 December 2022