North Gosforth Academy, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 6EJ
Head of Year
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Full time - term time plus specified days
£28,371.00 - £31,099.00 per annum, Actual Salary £24,552 - £26,913
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Gosforth Federated Academies
North Gosforth Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
Start date: ASAP
Full time 37 hours per week, Term Time only plus 3 training days
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant Head of Year who is passionate, pro-active and innovative to join the Academy’s successful Pastoral team. The role provides pastoral support and care to students and families, while supporting with learning and managing student behaviour and attendance issues as appropriate. The post is ideal for someone who is focussed on student welfare and progress and keen to be an integral part of the many varied aspects of school life.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience working in a pastoral role in a secondary school
• Has a passion for working with young people and supporting colleagues
• Can build strong professional relationships with students, parents and staff
• Is proactive in offering support and guidance
• Is able to work independently supervising students
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Has excellent attention to detail
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of an on-site gym
• A programme of staff wellbeing activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 9am on Friday 25th November 2022
25 November 2022