Stocksfield Avenue Primary School, St Cuthbert’s Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 2DQ
Director of Music (Primary)
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
MPS/UPS: £25,714- £41,604 per annum, pro rata. Plus TLR2a: £2,873 pa.
This school has Academy status and is part of the SMART Multi Academy Trust; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
SMART Multi Academy Trust
Stocksfield Avenue Primary School
St Cuthbert’s Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required from Sept 2021 or as soon after
Part-time - 19.46 hours per week (0.6FTE).
Actual annual salary: MPS/UPS - £15,425 - £24,957
Plus TLR2a £1,723 per annum.
The Board of Trustees of SMART Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a new Director of Music for Stocksfield Avenue Primary School. At Stocksfield Avenue Primary School we believe that learning should be a rewarding, enjoyable and inspiring experience for everyone. To achieve this we constantly strive to deliver teaching that is based on a broad balanced curriculum that is also creative. We do this in an environment where children are valued, successes celebrated and all are empowered to take responsibility and aspire to be the very best they can be.
The successful applicant will be a teacher who:
• Is an enthusiastic practitioner who is committed to providing outstanding learning experiences for all pupils, and who has a proven track record for achieving excellent pupil progress
• Can play a full part in whole school strategic planning and development as leader of music and performance across school
• Is able to work effectively with parents to provide the best for their children
• Monitors standards and progress to ensure high standards
• Can plan and provide inspirational and relevant learning experiences
• Demonstrates outstanding classroom practice
• Has high expectations of themselves and their children
• Is highly motivated and skilled at monitoring and target setting to enhance and accelerate children’s learning
• Makes learning real, in order to unlock student engagement, stimulate curiosity, provide deeper thinking and a passion for learning
• Has curriculum expertise and confidence in music
• Is committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships across the whole school community
• Has excellent communication and organisational skills
• Has an approachable, determined and resilient character.
Please download an application pack from www.northeastjobs.org.uk under Newcastle City Council.
If required a hard copy application pack can be obtained from the school office or by emailing: Kelly.Oliver@smartacademies.net
Completed Application Form and Safe Recruitment Form should be emailed to: Kelly.Oliver@smartacademies.net or hand delivered to:
Mrs Kelly Oliver, School Business Manager, Stocksfield Avenue Primary School, St Cuthbert’s Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 2DQ marked Private and Confidential.
We would not recommend postal applications at this time.
Closing: Friday May 28 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday June 7
Observations and Interview: Wednesday June 16/Thursday June 17.
Visits to the school are welcome at the following times:
Wednesday May 19 1.30pm
Thursday May 20 9.15am and 1.30pm
Wednesday May 26 9.15am
Please contact the school office on 0191 274 8434 to arrange.
Please also note that if you do not hear from us within a few days of the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful.
SMART Multi Academy Trust is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and satisfy a range of pre-employment checks.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
28 May 2021