St Thomas More Catholic High School, Lynn Road, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE29 8LF
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
St Thomas More Catholic High School
Tyne and Wear
Required for September 2022
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholic teachers for the post of Deputy Headteacher to further strengthen the leadership of the school. St Thomas More is a large, highly successful academy, with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally. This is based on its ethos, pastoral care, the quality of education, high achievement, continuous improvement, and excellent practice in professional development. It serves the whole of North Tyneside and has a strong, genuinely comprehensive intake. In December 2020 the school joined the recently formed Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust.
Applications are invited from practising and committed Roman Catholic teachers with:
• the vision, beliefs and commitment to represent our ethos
• excellence in teaching and learning
• the personal qualities and professional skills to provide leadership and example to students and to staff
• the ability to contribute significantly to strategic direction, whole school improvement, monitoring and evaluation
• the potential, ambition and aspiration to become a Headteacher.
The school provides:
• an extremely positive, stimulating environment
• enthusiastic students and excellent staff
• excellence in teaching, learning and achievement
• a strong culture of learning, improvement, and collaborative working
• leadership development, and headship preparation.
Closing Date: Noon on Friday 4th February 2022
Interviews: Thursday 17th February and Friday 18th February 2022
For an information/application pack, please see website or contact Mrs C Palgrave, Governance and HR Manager at the school (email@example.com) or call Mr D Watson, Headteacher, for an informal discussion about the post.
Telephone: 0191 2588360
Address: Lynn Road, North Shields, Tyne & Wear. NE29 8LF
St Thomas More is committed to the safety and protection of its students. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure check via the Disclosure and Barring Service together with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
4 February 2022