St Charles’ RC Primary School, Regent Farm Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3HE.
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
L5 – L9: £46,566 - £51,402 per annum.
St Charles' Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
St Charles' Catholic Primary School
Regent Farm Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required from 1 September 2021.
St Charles’ Catholic Primary School is a one form entry school situated in Gosforth with nursery provision. The school recently joined Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust on 1 April 2021.
Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated practising Catholic to the position of Deputy Headteacher within our caring and successful primary school.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious person with a strong work ethic, to work alongside our Headteacher and our strong and supportive staff team. The Deputy Headteacher, will provide leadership and strategic direction for all aspects of our provision.
We are looking for a leader who:
• is a practising Catholic;
• has commitment to nurturing and promoting the school’s distinctive ethos;
• possesses drive, passion, energy and ambition;
• has a proven track record as an outstanding practitioner with excellent communication skills;
• will inspire, challenge and encourage staff to help us build on and continue to develop our vision for our excellent school;
• will enable every child to reach their highest potential and nurture the spirituality and wellbeing of staff and the community;
• values people and recognises the importance of compassion;
• will nurture a strong, caring ethos and is committed to continuing and developing the effective partnerships with the local parish, families, governors, community and the Trust;
• has the ability and ambition to continue to raise standards in the school and across the Trust.
We can offer you:
• happy, confident and motivated children who enjoy learning;
• a friendly, welcoming community underpinned by our strong Catholic ethos; • a team of hard-working, dedicated and supportive staff;
• a supportive Local Governing Body and Trust who work in partnership with the Headteacher;
• a strong partnership with parents, parish and the community;
• a spacious, modern, well-maintained learning environment with excellent internal and external facilities;
• strong support network and quality CPD.
How to apply: A visit to the school is warmly welcomed and positively encouraged while following COVID guidelines. To arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Ambrose, School Business Manager on 0191 2852553.
To receive an application pack and further details, please contact the school by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Completed applications should be returned to the school either by post or email, marked for the attention of Chair of Governors.
St Charles’ Catholic Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful you will need to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure.
Closing date for applications: Monday 10 May (12 noon) 2021
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 11 May 2021
Observations: Wednesday 12 May until Friday 14 May 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 19 May 2021.
10 May 2021