Archibald First School, Archibald Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1EB.
Breakfast Club Leader
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Part time - term time
N4 - £19,312 - £20,493 per annum pro rata (actual salary £3,079 - £3,267 per annum).
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Archibald First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
The post is to be Fixed Term to 22 July 2022 in the first instance. The hours on offer are Monday to Friday 7.30-8.55 and the role is term time only.
The Governors of Archibald First School wish to appoint a Breakfast Club Leader for January 2022 (or earlier if possible).
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate their commitment to working as part of the school’s successful team, the aim of which is to ensure that all children receive outstanding and inspirational educational experiences, which help them fulfil their potential. The successful candidates will actively endorse and deliver the vision of our school, ‘having fun, achieving excellence’, whilst facilitating all children to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
Our key drivers are aspiration, knowledge, confidence and responsibility.
There will be mandatory provided and paid for by the school, including but not limited to
• Safeguarding and Child Protection
• Food hygiene
• First Aid
• Fire warden training
• Fire evacuation procedures
• Children with additional needs
• Any other training which becomes relevant Training will either be held within working hours or paid as overtime.
Candidates must be able to:
• To work collaboratively with the joint leader to advise, support and assist the Head Teacher in the development of an effective programme of activities ensuring appropriate equipment, facilities and services are available.
• Supervise the work of the Breakfast/After School Club Assistant(s).
• Undertake activities with pupils that promote the development of intellectual, moral, spiritual and social skills.
• Respond to the practical needs of children where there is an identified special educational need.
• Provide general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social, emotional and physical needs of pupils.
• Take control of income and expenditure for the Breakfast Club ensuring relevant records are maintained.
• Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and act in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures.
In return, we offer:
• A supportive Headteacher and Governing Body
• A dedicated staff team
• Happy, enthusiastic children
• High parental engagement
• An inclusive and supportive working environment
• Collaborative working with the Gosforth Schools’ Trust
Archibald First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and be successful against a range of other recruitment checks.
Application forms, person specification, job description and further information are available on the website www.archibaldfirstschool.org.uk and are to be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the post.
Applications can be submitted until midday on 20th November 2021. Please note that we will be considering applications upon receipt and inviting shortlisted candidates to interviews on a rolling basis.
Time and place of interviews will be agreed with each of the shortlisted candidates.
20 November 2021