Kenton School, Drayton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 3RU
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Full time - term time plus specified days
£28,371 - £31,099 pa, Actual Salary Range: £25,501 to £27,953 pa
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Newcastle upon Tyne
37 hours per week, Permanent
Term time only plus 5 training days and 10 Additional days to be worked during school closure as directed by the school
Located at Studio West or Kenton School
Trust, formerly Kenton Schools Academy Trust, formed in 2014, is a growing, passionate Trust in the North East of England. Our eyes are firmly fixed on providing the best education possible for young people in our city, our region and nationally.
Students are at the centre of everything we do. Through collaboration, every aspect of our work is of high quality. Our academies deliver an ambitious and inclusive curriculum that enables all students to excel academically and socially.
Ensuring student attendance stays above national and regional benchmarks is a key priority for us and we are therefore seeking applications for this exciting role to support us in the delivery of our attendance improvement strategy. The role will involve monitoring and reporting on student attendance and absence, conducting home visits and working with students and families to identify and seek to remove barriers to good attendance.
If you are the person we are looking for you will possess:
• A proven track record undertaking pastoral work in a secondary school environment, ideally in attendance.
• The ability to analyse and interpret data to inform practice.
• The ability to produce and report on attendance data to the Trust Attendance Manager, schools and trust leaders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge robustly and professionally.
• A determined approach with the creativity to develop and deliver new strategies and approaches to secure good attendance across all year groups.
If you have the skills, commitment and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, we want to hear from you. In return we can offer you,
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice schemes including, car, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes
• Free on-site parking
• Free gym access at Kenton School
Closing date: 12.00 Noon on 12th December 2022
Northern Leaders Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in all its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school.
12 December 2022