Studio West, West Denton Way, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2SZ
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Full time - term time plus specified days
£26,446 - £29,174 pa, Actual Salary Range: £23,771 to £26,223 pa, pay award pending
Studio West are part of the Northern Leaders Trust, you will be employed by the multi academy trust.
West Denton Way
Newcastle upon Tyne
37 hrs per week, Term Time plus 5 days and 10 additional days to be worked during school closure as directed by the school
Studio West is an exciting studio school, which opened in September 2014. As part of Northern Leaders Trust, Studio West cater for around 550 students aged between 11 and 19 with student numbers increasing year on year. We are expected to reach 650 at full capacity. Rated “Good” by Ofsted, Studio West offers students an innovative and bespoke curriculum with an emphasis on employability and life skills. We have close working relationships with our business partners and our mission is to make sure that every student who leaves Studio West, does so with a university place, an apprenticeship or employment.
Ensuring student attendance stays above national and regional benchmarks is a key priority for us and we are therefore seeking applications for this exciting role to support us in the delivery of our attendance improvement strategy. The role will involve monitoring and reporting on student attendance and absence, conducting home visits and working with students and families to identify and seek to remove barriers to good attendance.
If you are the person we are looking for you will possess:
• A proven track record undertaking pastoral work in a secondary school environment, ideally in attendance.
• The ability to analyse and interpret data to inform practice.
• The ability to produce and report on attendance data to the Trust Attendance Manager, schools and trust leaders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge robustly and professionally.
• A determined approach with the creativity to develop and deliver new strategies and approaches to secure good attendance across all year groups.
In return we offer:
• The opportunity to work with forward thinking management and staff working together to offer the best available chances for our students
• Staff benefits including salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, cycle to work and childcare voucher scheme
• Access to free gym facilities at our Kenton School site
• Free on site parking
How to apply:
Please download an application form from our website sw.northernleaderstrust.org and return it to email@example.com.
Closing date: 12.00 Noon on 10th October 2022
Northern Leaders Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in all its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school.
10 October 2022