Cheviot Primary School, Yetholm Place, Newbiggin Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 4EB.
Assistant Head Teacher
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
L1-L6: £42,195 - £47,735 per annum.
This school has Academy status and is part of the SMART Multi Academy Trust; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
SMART Multi Academy Trust
Cheviot Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Due to the promotion of the current postholder, the Board of Trustees are seeking to recruit an Assistant Head Teacher to join our enthusiastic and committed team from September 2021.
Candidates must demonstrate a track record of the highest quality teaching and learning and experience of effective school leadership. They should be an enthusiastic, dedicated practitioner committed to raising standards and able to contribute to the strategic leadership and future success of our school. The successful candidate will join the Executive Head Teacher and Head of School to lead a dedicated, hardworking team who are committed to raising standards throughout the school whilst maintaining a broad, balanced and memorable curriculum.
This post will involve a class teaching commitment.
We are looking for:
• A highly-skilled leader with a clear and relentless focus on ensuring high quality education for all our children.
• A committed leader with a demonstrable track record of successful school leadership and management.
• A person who is committed to developing strong working relationships with staff, pupils, families and extended partners.
• An outstanding classroom practitioner with an excellent record of enabling all children to make accelerated progress and able to lead others to this same success.
• A people person with the ability to identify and lead change in a positive, inspirational, empathetic way.
• A strong and visionary leader who can satisfy our person specification requirements.
We will offer:
• A very creative and caring environment in a very successful and rapidly improving school.
• Children and families who are proud of their school and their achievements.
• Children who love learning and can talk about their learning because it really matters to them.
• A committed, dedicated, friendly staff and governance team.
• A supportive Multi Academy Trust.
SMART Multi Academy Trust is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and satisfy range of pre-employment checks.
Candidates are most welcome to visit the school (following our current Covid guidance) on the following dates/times:
• Friday 14 May @ 10am
• Monday 17 @ 2pm.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Applications (on no more than 2 sides of A4 addressing the person specification criteria) should be returned to Nicola Steel, School Business Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 21.05.2021 (midday)
Lesson Observations: 24 and 25 (in candidates own school)
21 May 2021