I have received an Order for Recovery of Unpaid Penalty Charge Notice

I have received an Order for Recovery of Unpaid Penalty Charge Notice

If we do not receive full payment within 14 days of the Charge Certificate being issued, the outstanding debt can be registered with the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) based at Northampton County Court in order to recover the unpaid charge. A fee of £9 (as of 29/09/2021) is added to the outstanding debt to cover the court registration fee. 

The TEC is part of the County Court based in Northampton which deals with the registration of debts from England for all unpaid Penalty Charge Notices.

Once you have received an Order for Recovery you only have 2 options. You can either:
1.    Pay the outstanding amount which is stated on the Order for Recovery (normally £83, £84, £113 or £114 depending on the contravention and the date it was registered at TEC), by the date stated on the Order for Recovery document. 

Make a payment

2.    Complete the Witness Statement (TE9) which accompanies the Order for Recovery and return it directly to the TEC by the date shown on the Order for Recovery.  There are four grounds for submitting a Witness Statement to the TEC:

  •  You did not receive the Notice to Owner or Penalty Charge Notice, which would have been issued to you by post.
  •  You received the Notice to Owner and submitted an appeal to Newcastle City Council within 28 days but did not receive a response.
  •  You received notification from Newcastle City Council that your appeal had been rejected and then appealed to the Independent Adjudicator but have not received a response. 
  •  The penalty charge has already been paid, prior to the issue of the Order for Recovery.

If full payment is not received, or a Witness Statement is not submitted, a request for a warrant of execution will be sent to the TEC to instruct Enforcement Agents to recover the outstanding debt.

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?