Online reporting - Your Local Services

You can make a variety of environmental applications, reports and requests by using our online forms for Your Local Services.

For example you can apply for garden waste collection, report a missed bin collection or you can request a bulky collection. You can also find forms for reporting Highways issues like potholes and traffic signals.

These are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If we have to carry out any online maintenance these pages will be updated.

Track the progress of a request

Have you already made a request? You can track the progress of your request online. You will need to register with a valid email address and create a password in order to do this.

Track your request.

 Reporting over the phone

There are some reports and tasks that can only be made over the phone. This is because they are often urgent or potentially dangerous. Some requests also need to be dealt with by a staff member. You will need to phone to report the following:

  • Queries about pest control where it is not your own property

  • Second visits for pest control

  • Problems or changes with a bulky collection booking

  • Dangerous trees beside roads

  • Dangerous roads, potholes, pavements

  • Highway structures such as bridges, footbridges, subways, retaining walls and culverts

  • Possible sink holes

  • Commercial pest control queries

  • Localised flooding during serious weather incidents

  • Non-standard bin requests

Fix My Street and other online reporting tools

You may have seen other reporting websites such as Fix My Street which offer ways for residents to report environmental issues such as graffiti, broken glass, litter or potholes in their neighbourhood.

When an issue is reported through one of these external websites, the issue is passed on to our customer services staff in an email generated by the site. Our staff then need to manually transfer the content of this email into our reporting software before a reference number is generated and then manually emailed back to you. This can lead to delays in the request being handled and resolved, especially at weekends.

In addition, sometimes external reporting sites do not ask for all the required information that we need in order to resolve an issue which has been reported. We therefore advise residents that they report issues directly online rather than external reporting websites.

If you have any problems with the online forms please phone 0191 278 7878 and ask for "Your Local Services."


Did you know?

If you want to report an issue with a street light or lamp post you need to report this directly to a company called Enerveo.

You can do so via their online forms or by phoning 0800 085 7307 .

Related Pages

Need more information?

If you need help or more information, please phone 0191 2787878.