About the Newcastle Cycling Stakeholders Forum
The Newcastle Cycling Stakeholders Forum has been formed by merging the Newcastle Cycling Forum and the Cycle City Ambition Fund Stakeholder Group. These groups were set up initially to bring together people with an interest in cycling so that they could influence the Council's policy on cycling and the Cycle City Ambition Fund project.
Following consultation with members in 2014, it was agreed that a new Cycling Stakeholders Forum would be set up to merge the two groups to simplify and streamline this process and to avoid duplication.
Like its predecessors, the Cycling Stakeholders Forum is not a decision making body but it is the means by which interested parties can contribute to and influence the policies and services that the Council and its partners provide for cyclists.
The Forum is governed by Terms of Reference (pdf, 105kb) that were agreed at the meeting on Thursday 19 November 2015.
The Cycling Stakeholders Forum meets on the 3rd Thursday every other month and acts to influence and monitor the delivery of agreed Council policy and budget proposals. It may be asked to create task and finish groups around certain themes that require additional work. The Forum makes recommendations and observations that will be fed to the Cycle City Programme Board that is responsible for the delivery of cycling infrastructure in Newcastle.
The Forum is made up of a range of people of all ages and all cycling abilities. Members of the public are welcome and there are representatives from both cycling and non-cycling groups, organisations and businesses.
The Forum meetings take place at the Civic Centre. The meeting room is open from 5.50pm for tea and coffee and a chance to look at any plans on display with the business of the meeting starting at 6pm.
Meetings in 2017:
- 19 January 2017 (pdf, 101kb)
- January Infrastructure Update (pdf, 71kb)
- 16 March 2017 (pdf, 308kb)
- March Infrastructure Update (pdf, 152kb)
- March Infrastructure Update Map (pdf, 657kb)
- 18 May 2017 (pdf, 160kb)
- May Presentation (pdf, 1.25mb)
- May Infrastructure Update (pdf, 148kb)
- May Infrastructure Update Map (pdf,654kb)
- 20 July 2017
- 21 September 2017
- 16 November 2017
Meetings in 2016:
- 21 January 2016 (pdf, 101.45 kb)
- Streets for People Briefing Note (word, 25.8kb)
- 17 March 2016 (pdf, 101 kb)
- 19 May 2016 (pdf, 78kb)
- May Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf, 34kb)
- 21 July 2016 (pdf, 95kb)
- July Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf,72kb)
- 15 September 2016 (pdf, 61kb)
- September Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf, 71 kb)
- 17 November 2016 (pdf, 180kb)
- November Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf, 151kb)
Notes from previous meetings can be found via this link.
For more information about the Cycling Stakeholders Forum please contact firstname.lastname@example.org