About the Newcastle Cycling Stakeholders Forum
The Newcastle Cycling Stakeholders Forum has been set up to bring together people with an interest in cycling so that they can influence the Council's policy on cycling and the Cycle City Ambition Programme. The Cycling Stakeholders Forum is not a decision making body but it is the means by which interested parties can contribute to and influence the policies and services that the Council and its partners provide for cyclists. The Forum is governed by Terms of Reference (pdf, 105kb).
The Cycling Stakeholders Forum meets bi-monthly and acts to influence and monitor the delivery of agreed Council policy and budget proposals. It may be asked to create task and finish groups around certain themes that require additional work. The Cycling Stakeholders Forum will make recommendations and observations that will be fed to the Healthy Streets Board that is responsible for the delivery of cycling infrastructure in Newcastle.
Invitations to the Cycling Stakeholders Forum will be issued to key stakeholders and they will be asked to nominate people to act as the core attendees at the meeting to represent their organisations or voluntary groups. Members of the public who also wish to attend are able to do so. People are able to request items for discussion at a meeting or to join the groups email list by emailing email@example.com.
The Cycling Stakeholders Forum meets on the 3rd Thursday every other month and is made up of a range of people of all ages and all cycling abilities. Members of the public are welcome and there are usually representatives from both cycling and non-cycling groups, organisations and businesses in attendance.
The Forum meetings generally take place at Newcastle Civic Centre. The meeting room is open from 5.50pm for tea and coffee with the business of the meeting starting at 6pm.
Forthcoming and Previous Meetings
Meetings in 2018
- 25 January 2018 (pdf, 160kb)
- 15 March 2018 (pdf, 61kb)
- 17 May 2018 (pdf, 65kb)
- 19 July 2018
- 20 September 2018
- 15 November 2019
Meetings in 2017:
- 19 January 2017 (pdf, 101kb)
- January Infrastructure Update (pdf, 71kb)
- 16 March 2017 (pdf, 308kb)
- March Infrastructure Update (pdf, 152kb)
- March Infrastructure Update Map (pdf, 657kb)
- 18 May 2017 (pdf, 160kb)
- May Presentation (pdf, 1.25mb)
- May Infrastructure Update (pdf, 148kb)
- May Infrastructure Update Map (pdf,654kb)
- 20 July 2017 (pdf, 120kb)
- July Infrastructure Update (pdf, 160kb)
- 21 September 2017 (pdf, 56kb)
- September Infrastructure Update (pdf, 135kb)
Meetings in 2016:
- 21 January 2016 (pdf, 101.45 kb)
- Streets for People Briefing Note (word, 25.8kb)
- 17 March 2016 (pdf, 101 kb)
- 19 May 2016 (pdf, 78kb)
- May Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf, 34kb)
- 21 July 2016 (pdf, 95kb)
- July Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf,72kb)
- 15 September 2016 (pdf, 61kb)
- September Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf, 71 kb)
- 17 November 2016 (pdf, 180kb)
- November Cycling Infrastructure Update (pdf, 151kb)
Notes from previous meetings can be found via this link.
For more information about the Cycling Stakeholders Forum please contact firstname.lastname@example.org