Insurance claims against the council

What do I do if I believe I have suffered damage as a result of the negligence of the City Council?


You need to contact the Insurance Team by emailing


Please include your full name, address, date of birth and national insurance number.


Please provide a full explanation and details of the incident that has occurred and any damage suffered, along with photographic evidence where possible and two estimates of the value of work required to make good the damage, as appropriate. It is important that you provide the precise location of the incident and the date and time.


All claims are thoroughly investigated and we prosecute anyone found to have submitted a fraudulent claim.

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?