Phone: 0191 277 4100
Limited free on-street parking available.
This library is autism friendly see user guide (pdf, 1.91mb).
Tuesday: 9:30am - 5pm
Thursday: 9:30am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 1pm
Please note: the public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing time.
If we are not open remember you can renew and reserve items, chat to a librarian and access other helpful resources on the online 24 Hour Library.
Library charges including fines and printing (https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/leisure-libraries-and-tourism/libraries/library-charges-and-fines)
About High Heaton Library
You can borrow books and have free access to information, newspapers, magazines, and computers and serve yourself at our self-service terminals. The children's area has a bright fun look and is partitioned from the adult area by a glass screen upon which local artist Kathryn Hodgkinson has etched designs inspired by the memorial trees in the Spinney. Customers can relax and meet friends over a cup of coffee or tea available from a vending machine. There really is something for everyone.
Services at High Heaton Library include:
- Free internet access and wifi
- Free 1-2-1 internet taster sessions
- Photocopier - black and white, colour
- Printing - black and white, colour
- Scanner and Fax available
- Study space
- Newspapers and magazines
- Community information
- Leaflets on local attractions
- Councillor's surgeries
- Homework support
- Class Visits
- Storytime term time only on Friday at 10.30am
- Tyne Bridge Publishing books can be ordered in from City Library
- Regular events as arranged by the Friends of High Heaton Library
Customer Service Point
You can get information about different council services at the new Customer Service Information Point. You can use a freephone service to contact other council departments and staff from Your Homes Newcastle.