The North East Trading Standards Association (NETSA) is a partnership body which brings together the twelve local authority Trading Standards services in the north east of England, in order to enhance services and contribute to meeting local, regional and national priorities.
The objectives of NETSA
- Work in partnership to enhance local service delivery
- Create informed confident consumers and protect the vulnerable
- Support legitimate businesses by ensuring a fair and safe trading environment
- Co-ordinate local, regional and national priorities to enhance service provision
The Key priorities for Action in 2016-2018
- Attract and strive to maintain resources to enhance the provision for Trading Standards services in the North East region
- Ensure consistency of interpretation and sharing best practice
- Working collaboratively to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and value for money
- Use evidence/intelligence gathered locally, regionally and nationally to target resources
- To carefully consider the implications and respond effectively to the Better Business for All project
- To carefully consider the implications of and respond effectively to the devolutionary process within the region. Based on the political process
- To carefully consider the implications and respond effectively to the UK leaving the EU.
To see more detailed information go to NETSA Strategy 2016-2018 (pdf 508 kb)
For further detailed information on the projects as now delivered on behalf of the National Trading Standards Board and also go to their webpage Regional Investigations Team and our webpage Safety of Ports
For further information, please contact the Trading Standards Service, Public Safety, Regulation and Development, City of Newcastle upon Tyne, Civic Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8QH.
Phone: 0191 2116121