Review of 0-19 Children's Public Health Services
As part of the 2016-17 budget setting process, the Council consulted on its plans to undertake a service redesign and develop a new service specification in order to commission a 0-19 integrated Healthy Child service which would encompass both the School Nursing and 0-5 Health Visiting Service – with the intention to deliver both efficiencies and better streamlined services and outcomes for children and families.
This review included a full health needs assessment and consultation with current providers, current and potential service users and the public. The feedback from this consultation and the Health Needs Assessment informed our proposals for the future commissioning and service delivery model for 0-19 Healthy Child Programme, which we consulted on during July 2016.
- Newcastle 0-19 service needs assessment July 2016
- The healthy child programme 0-19 service review 2016 consultation report
- 0-19 HCP commissioning IIA August 2016
- 0-19 Drop in event presentation
- 0-19 Health child programme - feedback from final consultation
- Public health: proposals for future commissioning of children's 0-19 integrated impact assessment July 2016