Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
Licensing Act 2003 - Statement of Licensing Policy
The statement of licensing policy came into force on 1st May 2018 and is intended to provide the basis for Newcastle as the regional capital, to offer a wide choice of high quality, professional managed entertainment and cultural venues within a safe, orderly and attractive environment, valued by those who live, work and visit the city. A series of protocols to help people understand the licensing process have also been developed.
- Drugs Protocol
- Protocol (A) Planning and Licensing
- Protocol (B) Publicity for Licensing Applications
- Protocol (C) Disclosure of Representations
- Protocol (D) Timescales for Negotiation
- Protocol (E) Minor Variations
- Protocol (F) Promotions
- Protocol (G) How to make Representations
- Protocol (H) Delegations and Responsible Authorities
- Protocol (I) Hearings at Licensing Committee