Youth Offending Service
We work with children and young people aged 10 to 17 years who have offended and help prevent them getting into further trouble.
We work with a variety of organisations, young people, parents and carers to:
- support children and young people and prevent them from offending
- reduce the risk of further offending by young people and help them face up to the consequences
- work with and support victims of youth crime
- support young people who are bailed by the courts, during sentence and on release supervise young people on court orders
- assist with arrangements for a young person remanded to Local Authority care by the courts
- assist parents through voluntary support.
For further information about the criminal justice system for youths please see GOV.UK
Need more information?
If you would like more information about the Youth Offending Service telephone them at 0191 2777 377.