Newcastle Drug and Alcohol Social Work Team are part of Adult and Culture Services.
We will assess your suitability to access:
- residential rehabilitation
- preparation for rehab (motivational work)
- care management
- limited time aftercare support.
We can help adults over 18 living in the Newcastle area who have:
- problems with substance misuse and volatile substances; and
- who need residential rehabilitation and care management.
We will do an assessment of your needs to see if you are eligible for help from our service.
You can contact us yourself or you can be referred by a professional. If you have problems with alcohol use you will need to be referred through Plummer Court, as you will be required to have undergone, or be receiving, a medical intervention prior to referral.
We wil do a comprehensive assessment and risk assessment. We will look at your health and social needs relating to your substance abuse.
- Comprehensive assessment
- Arrange visits to residential units
- Arrange finance and contracts for placement
- Agree a written care plan with you
- Regular reviews to ensure your care plan continues to meet your individual needs
- Care management if you are identified as having multiple needs and need additional or enhanced support. For example, if you are involved with multiple agencies, child protection issues, or you are pregnant and are not receiving care management from another drug or alcohol agency
- Motivational work
- Relapse prevention
Westgate Community College
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: 0191 277 2355
Opening times: Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm