Our website will be undergoing essential maintenance from 9am on Wednesday, 23rd of October for a short period of time. Please avoid completing any online forms during this time. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Support for Business Growth
There is a wide range of advice, practical support and potential investment available to help businesses in Newcastle to grow. Visit the North East Growth Hub website to find out what is available from local, regional and national business support providers and explore routes to investment for growth.
The Business and Intellectual Property Centre, (based within Newcastle City Library) provides a free information and advice service to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) grow, innovate and explore new markets. Businesses can benefit from:
- specialist help to understand intellectual property and how to protect your ideas, business identity and creativity
- an extensive range of databases and periodicals, and support to research new markets, products and market trends
- exclusive workshops and events delivered by sector experts, exploring growth potential and new opportunities
- advice from our ‘Experts in residence’ on a range of business topics
In addition, our ‘Pathways to Innovation’ project can support businesses to grow by providing one-to-one innovation and intellectual property support and access to grant funding to part-fund additional external expertise that you may need to bring in to support your growth journey.
We also suggest you consider the following opportunities for business help and advice:
- The Business Energy Saving Team (BEST) can help businesses in Newcastle to save costs and improve their environmental performance through free energy-saving audits, advice and potential grant funding to install energy-saving measures.
- PNE Enterprise, Newcastle’s award-winning local enterprise agency, who offer a business growth programme and a fully-funded 3-day residential Boost Your Business course.
- TEDCO deliver Start & Grow, providing tailored start up support, mentoring and funding advice for growth-focused businesses across the North East region
- Scaleup North East provides specialist mentoring and peer-to-peer support for businesses that can demonstrate both the hunger and potential to achieve high levels of growth.