Student discount and exemption

Student discount and exemption

Who could get a discount or exemption?

You can get a discount or be exempt if:

If you live in student halls provided by your university or college, you don't need to apply.

Only one application is needed for the household.

Student Exemption / Discount Application


If you have been asked to provide your student certificate or further proof upload it using the form link below.

Student Evidence Upload form

How to apply

Before you start the application

You will need:

  • address and postcode of the property
  • names of all adults over 18 living at the property
  • date each person moved in
  • student number for each student, their course start and end date
  • a copy of each students certificate to upload (photos are acceptable), if you don't have this yet you can upload this at a later date

Who is a full-time student?

If you're over 20 years old, then your courses must:

  • last at least a year (calendar or academic), and for at least 24 weeks within that
  • involve at least 21 hours study (may include tuition or work experience) a week
  • be at a recognised educational establishment

If you're under 20, then your courses must:

  • last at least 3 months
  • involve at least 12 hours study per week

We are unable to award an exemption or discount if you live in a household with two or more non-students or part time students.

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?