Could you be a Build a Future Full Time Foster Carer or Respite Carer?
Build a Future work with challenging young people who require dedicated, nurturing and full time support.
The service is looking to recruit enthusiastic people experienced in working with hard to engage young people who may have had multiple placements and who display challenging behaviour - which may include Foster Carers, residential care workers, youth workers, teachers etc.,
Build a Future are also looking to recruit a bank of Respite Carers who can step in when the main carers are taking a break.
It is a challenging but rewarding experience – do you think you have what it takes? Take a look at what Build a Future can offer.
The basics –
- 24/7 advice and support to Foster Carers from the dedicated Build a Future Team
- The backing of a dedicated team including experienced social workers, therapeutic professional and resource workers
- Respite breaks
- A weekly payment of £750 while a young person is in placement, recognising the challenging nature of the work
The support you will receive –
- Access to dedicated out of hours telephone support from the Build a Future Team
- Support from a qualified therapist who will work with you, the team and most importantly the child – there is no waiting list
- Minimum of monthly formal supervision with additional support available when needed
- Access to dedicated resouce workers
- You own Build a Future Carer Handbook
- Membership of Foster Talk
- High quality training – giving you the tools to care for the children safely and appropriately
- Weekly emails and updates – including service news and information sharing
- Build a Future will only ever place 1 child with a foste carer at a time to ensure the highest level of support is provided to the young person
Who Build a Future are looking to recruit -
- People with experience of working with complex young people who display challenging behaviour
- People who are flexible, resilient and have a strong sense of humour
- People who have no children living in the home – unless in exceptional circumstances
- Couples or single people who are able to be availble to young people
- People who are willing and enthusiastic to attend training to support their work
- People who have good communication skills
Build a Future Respite Carers
Respite Carers will play a vital role in the success of the Build a Future service.
All Respite Carers will receive the same training, supervision and support as the full time Build a Future Foster Carers
Build a Future is looking for -
- People with experience of working with complex adolescents who display challenging behaviour
- People who are flexible, resilient and with a strong sense of humour
- People who ar available at weekends and for longer periods to support the full time carers
- People who have no young children at home during the respite care period
Do you think you have what it takes? Please call Christine Garner on 0191 277 2430 for an informal chat.