Our Digital Collection gives you twenty four hour access to hundreds of eBooks and eAudiobooks from the comfort of your home or on the move. Available to members of Newcastle Libraries who live in the North East.
We have three collections:
- Overdrive eBooks and eAudiobooks - fiction and non-fiction titles;
- Bolinda Digital eAudiobooks - fiction and non-fiction titles;
- Safari Select - information technology titles.
Overdrive eBooks and eAudiobooks
Access Overdrive eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Download up to 5 eBooks at a time to a home computer or mobile device.
- Maximum loan period of 28 days.
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the loan period, so there are no late returns and no overdue items.
- Compatible with most eBook readers, excluding the Amazon Kindle. Check compatibility with my ebook reader, MP3 player or iPlayer. Check compatibility with my ebook reader, MP3 player or iPlayer.
- Access via your mobile using the Overdrive app.
Bolinda Digital eAudiobooks
Access Bolinda Digital eAudiobooks
- Download up to 4 eAudiobooks at a time to a home computer and transfer them to a mobile device.
- Maximum loan period of 14 days.
- There are no overdue fees simply delete the title at the end of the lending period.
- eAudiobooks in the Bolinda collection are playable on all MP3 compatible devices.
Access Safari Select
Find answers to information technology questions in areas such as:
- Desktop applications
- Digital photography
- Home entertainment
- The internet
- Multimedia devices and software (including iPods, iTunes, ProTools and Garageband)
- Operating systems
The Newcastle Libraries subscription allows for 2 users to view an ebook at any one time and they can only be viewed on screen (not available for download).
You will need a valid Newcastle Libraries library card and PIN to log in to your account and start downloading. If you do not know your library card PIN please visit your local library or phone 0191 2774100.