It's quick and easy to pay your council bills online. You will need:
- Your credit* or debit card.
- Your reference number or invoice.
The cardholder must be present during the transaction.
*We do not accept American Express, JCB or Diners Club cards.
You can make an online payment for:
- Attendance fixed penalties
- Blue badge
- Business rates
- Central BID
- Childcare payment
- Council tax
- Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)
- Garden Waste Collection
- Ground rent
- Housing Benefit overpayment
- Invoice Payment
- Late Night Levy
- Licensing annual fees
- Mortgage payment
- Motor crossings
- Parking - Business Permit
- Parking - Supplementary Scratchcards
- Parking - Resident Parking Permits
- Parking - Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
- Parking – Off Street Bay Suspensions
- Parking – On Street Bay Suspensions
- Planning application
- Pre-application fees
- Social care
- Your Homes Newcastle rent
Direct Debit payments
This is the most convenient and safest way to pay - all you need is a bank or building society account.
Paying council tax or rent by Direct Debit
To set up a Direct Debit for council tax, please complete our online form or phone us on 0191 278 7878 and ask for 'Council Tax'.
To set up a Direct Debit for your rent, phone 0191 278 7749.
You can also visit one of our Customer Service Centres, and we'll give you a form to fill in.
Setting up other Direct Debits
If you have another council or Your Homes Newcastle bill you want to pay by Direct Debit, please contact the section or department named on the bill.
Other ways to pay
After 27 November 2015, we no longer be accept payments at our Customer Service Centres. The best way to make a payment is by Direct Debit or using the online option above, it saves you time, it’s quick, easy and secure, and there’s no need to stand in a queue or be put on hold.
For help getting online visit:
Or visit this page to find out about other ways to pay.