What you can expect from us
The customer service charter (pdf, 425Kb) sets out the standards of customer service you can expect from us.
- put our customers first;
- use easy-to-understand language in all communications;
- provide more services online;
- value feedback from residents and use it to improve our services; and
- take complaints seriously and learn from them.
Find out more on our complaints page. This gives you details about how we will handle your complaint. Please complain if we fail to meet the standards set out in this customer service charter. By law we need to deal with some complaints in a different way. If so, we will tell you and say why.
- offer a friendly, professional and polite service;
- deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible;
- listen to you;
- give you our name, or wear a name badge;
- treat you fairly and with respect;
- adapt our communication in response to your needs;
- do what we say we are going to do;
- try to get things right first time;
- keep you informed about the progress of your enquiry;
- respect your privacy;
- provide easy-to-understand information;
- keep you informed about the services we provide;
- show you our identification card if we visit you at home; and
- hold your personal details safely and securely, in line with our Information Charter.
To see our full data commitments, go to our data protection page.
In return, we ask you to help us achieve our standards by being polite and respectful towards our staff.
Comments and suggestions
We are committed to improving our services. You can give us your comments and suggestions to help us improve our services when you:
- send us an email at email@example.com
- fill in a comment or suggestion card; or
- tell a member of staff.
If you've been impressed by some extra-special service from an individual or team, you can give them a compliment when you:
- send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- speak or write to their manager.