At our Customer Service Centres (CSCs) you can access over 100 council services and information.
Here are some of the services you can get in our centres:
- Make council tax enquiries.
- Enquire about Council Tax, Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit (please arrive and take a ticket to be seen at least 30 minutes prior to the advertised closing time).
- Make environmental enquiries about bin collections, bulky waste collections, litter and street cleaning, pest control and trees.
- Apply for new and replacement disabled person's parking permits or blue badges.
- Find out about and apply for free school meals and home to school travel.
- Get information on and apply for Newcastle City Council jobs.
We have a network of four CSCs across Newcastle:
Find out how to make payments online, over the phone or by using PayPoint. If you would like to speak to a supervisor, please ask a member of staff while you are in the centre.
Please check our opening times carefully as some Customer Service Centres do not open Monday to Friday. On weekdays when the CSC is closed, customers can still make enquiries with YHN staff about YHN issues.
All our centres aim to be easily accessible to customers, providing the following facilities:
Facilities for people with impaired hearing.
Audio and visual queueing systems.
PCs for customer use with free internet access.
Private interview rooms.
Comfortable waiting areas.
Access to language interpretation services to enable council business.
Children's play equipment.
Freephones to other council departments and YHN Offices.
At Gosforth and Kenton Libraries there is a Customer Information Zone, where customers can access council services over the web or via the telephone. Members of staff are on hand to support customers making online council transactions.
We regularly ask you for feedback on the services we provide and have made some changes based on your suggestions.